Anyone who has read or watched anything about Genovese crime boss Vincent "Chin" Gigante probably knows that before botching a hit on Frank Costello, feigning mental illness or plotting to kill John Gotti, he was once a Light Heavyweight boxer while also making early connections with already established underworld figures such as Thomas Eboli and "Quiet Dom" Cirillo.

Chin wasn't a particularly talented fighter. He went 21-4, losing to journeymen, defeating almost exclusively guys with more losses than wins and allegedly benefited from fixed fights as a result of his mob affiliations. There's no doubt, however, that he was an established contender in the New York fight scene. Gigante was a sparring partner of Rocky Castellani and he fought at Madison Square Garden on numerous occasions. He was even featured on the undercard of several world championship bouts (namely the great Willie Pep and also Rocky Graziano who famously lost the world Middleweight title to Sugar Ray Robinson). That's enough antiquated boxing history. The guy was known.

There are records of most of his fights online, but what I can't find is any footage of Vincent Gigante boxing. The only visual record I can find is this undated photograph:

[Linked Image]

Does anyone know if any such footage exists? I realize he fought in the 1940s, but being featured on high profile events in the most widely regarded venue in the world? There's got to be something...

Last edited by FrankValenti; 09/24/18 10:53 PM.