DiLorenzo, I'm going to avoid engaging in personal insults, out of respect for the website's administrators, who've warned members several times to stop.

I'll repeat, your op-ed (not an article, it was an opinion piece) doesn't once mention the Correction Officer union's influence over lawmakers. I really don't think you understand the relationship between California's prison system and its legislature, and that you're just repeating garden variety cable news talking points about California. I think the incredibly one sided op-ed you copied and pasted (without a link) is a further indication of this.

The CCPOA is a powerful lobby that has as much influence over the state legislature as any interest group, including the teachers' and nurses' unions. I would suggest anyone who disagrees just google it.

BTW, thank you for implying California's prison spending has been fiscally devastating. I couldn't agree more.

SoCalGangs,

DiLorenzo's point is that the California parole board is lenient, and that Suge Knight is making his plea decision to game it. You've written about this state enough to know how absurd that is.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea