Originally Posted by antimafia
Frank Cotroni Jr. is likely the only Cotroni alive in all of Canada who is a made member of the Montreal Mafia or any other Italian crime group for that matter. If someone were to ask me for evidence of his made status, even I would have to cite circumstantial evidence that may not even be considered that strong.

I'd be interested in your reasoning (circumstantial evidence) of Frank Jr's possible made member status. You don't believe that the elder brother, Nicodemo, is a made member? It seems like Frank Jr., not necessarily because of the name, was Frank Sr.'s favorite. Marrying Joe Di Maulo' s daughter would've helped too. I agree that he is a possible made member due to his activity in the mob going back to the early 80s and the facts of being the son and son-in-law of two of the Montreal Mafia's most prominent members. I think it's pretty cool that Di Maulo's daughter wrote that book but so far I haven't found time to learn French...

In his 2016 book, Cellule 8002 vs mafia, Daniel Renaud has simplified charts of the "Sicilian" and "Calabrian" factions of the Montreal Mafia as they stood in 2004. Giuseppe "Joe" Di Maulo is at the head of the Calabrian faction. (His daughter's book confirms that he was born in Montorio dei Frentani, in Campobasso, Molise--to be clear, Di Maulo was not Calabrian). In the Calabrian chart, under Di Maulo, are Moreno Gallo, Antonio Vanelli, and Raynald Desjardings--Renaud considers the first two to be made. Under Gallo is Antonio Mucci, also considered made. Under Desjardins is Giovanni Bertolo, and under Bertolo is Vittorio Mirarchi--none of these three is considered made. Not a single Cotroni to be seen anywhere in this chart.

Are these the exact specifics of this particular chart? Could you also provide the specifics of the Sicilian faction or is it just a repeat of a chart already made public (the six leaders)? Is Scoppa also included on the Calabrian chart? Poster eurodave mentioned that Renaud states in his book that the Scoppas were connected to Gallo. In any case, the chart is pretty similar to the one I made years ago.

Incidentally, I have the same doubts about Stefano Sollecito and Leonardo Rizzuto's made status--what evidence is there of that?

Mostly logical and circumstantial evidence such as being named as the leaders of the Montreal Mafia. I suspect that at this point they had become their own group (my hypothesis is that the 2012 Toronto meeting may have established Vito as leader of his own group so he could restore order after the Montagna fiasco). Also, there was an article in 2014 about Stefano Sollecito's birthday party, attended by higher-ups, which apparantly also served to celebrate his recent made member status. This again leads me to believe that they were capable of inducting their own members, probably with approval from New York, because being made doesn't mean anything if there's no recognition.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."