Originally Posted by Hollander
Cabrini I get back on your second question. [snip]

In getting back to CabriniGreen about a so-called Cotroni-Rizzuto truce, please don't bother trying to spread more misinformation on this board about Canadian organized-crime groups than you already do. You don't have any sources to support your claim in another page on this thread that there are Cotronis operating in Ontario. By also claiming that the membership of the Cotronis is unknown, you're trying to get posters on the board to believe that Cotronis were lurking in the shadows during the turbulent and quiet times in the Montreal mob war, that Cotronis were biding their time to take over the Montreal Mafia, that Cotronis were the main opposition to Rizzuto loyalists, that Cotronis were calling the shots, etc.

Frank Cotroni Jr. is likely the only Cotroni alive in all of Canada who is a made member of the Montreal Mafia or any other Italian crime group for that matter. If someone were to ask me for evidence of his made status, even I would have to cite circumstantial evidence that may not even be considered that strong. Read Maria Mourani's book about Milena Di Maulo from earlier this year, Milena Di Maulo : fille et femme de mafiosi, to discover how Frank Cotroni Sr.'s family, as well as Di Maulo's, actually had and have a very strong French-Canadian flavour because of who Cotroni Sr. and Di Maulo married. Read that book as well to find out how inactive Cotroni Sr.'s son Michel has been over the decades, despite being seen meeting with Domenico Violi at the Linguini restaurant in Baie-D’Urfé in October 2016 (that's the restaurant that got burned down two months after the meeting of Violis and Cotronis).

In his 2016 book, Cellule 8002 vs mafia, Daniel Renaud has simplified charts of the "Sicilian" and "Calabrian" factions of the Montreal Mafia as they stood in 2004. Giuseppe "Joe" Di Maulo is at the head of the Calabrian faction. (His daughter's book confirms that he was born in Montorio dei Frentani, in Campobasso, Molise--to be clear, Di Maulo was not Calabrian). In the Calabrian chart, under Di Maulo, are Moreno Gallo, Antonio Vanelli, and Raynald Desjarding--Renaud considers the first two to be made. Under Gallo is Antonio Mucci, also considered made. Under Desjardins is Giovanni Bertolo, and under Bertolo is Vittorio Mirarchi--none of these three is considered made. Not a single Cotroni to be seen anywhere in this chart.

If a whole bunch of Cotroni sons and other Cotroni male relatives were made after Frank Sr.'s death in 2004, into which family were they made exactly? Why don't any of these Cotronis figure in books about the Montreal Mafia by Lamothe and Humphreys, Cédilot and Noël, and Edwards and Nicaso, the earliest being published in 2006? You've previously speculated that the Cotronis were 'ndrangheta members but without providing any proof whatsoever. Frank Sr. didn't speak any Italian at all, and you expect his sons and male relatives to have picked it up along the way?

I could see Domenico and Giuseppe Violi inducting guys like the Cotronis into their crime group, but would this group be a Luppino-Violi 'ndrina or an American La Cosa Nostra crew, i.e., a Bonanno crew? Same with Mirarchi being possibly recruited by the Commisso crime group in the GTA, as we don't yet have evidence of Mirarchi being made, despite the claims he is a candidate for godfather of the Montreal Mafia. Incidentally, I have the same doubts about Stefano Sollecito and Leonardo Rizzuto's made status--what evidence is there of that? If Vito Rizzuto reportedly respected Andrew Scoppa--see yesterday's news article posted in this thread--I have a much easier time believing Scoppa is made, although I don't quite understand what it means to be an independent man of honour, as Renaud has previously put it (in French of course) in older articles about Scoppa.

And if posters are going to argue that surviving members of the old Cotroni-Violi group like Vanelli, Mucci, and Volpato are still planning to make a move to take over the Montreal Mafia, please explain to me what exactly they have been waiting for during the past nine years of the mob war. Or why they went to the funeral services for Vito Rizzuto's mother in February of this year.

Last edited by antimafia; 09/25/18 05:05 PM. Reason: Fixed typos at least three times. Added 2 sentences to second-last para.