Originally Posted by BronaZora
Originally Posted by m2w

ranieri was a major rizzuto man in ontario and the men wanted for musitano hit are very close to him, yes they are hired guns but somebody ordered the hit and he was probably a man who belongs to rizzuto clan

I have a hard time believing that the hit came from the Rizzuto family for the following reasons:

- It makes no sense for the Rizzutos to be hitting their own allies when they need all the help they can get.

Even though I agree with you on this matter (the Musitano murder) I think this reasoning can be disputed. With the release of Mirarchi, Scoppa and Arcadi a resurgence of violence was a realistic expectation but it didn't happen. Instead it has been quiet in Montreal for quite enough time now to think that there is a truce between the factions, and so it remains to be seen whether the Rizzutos still need all the help they can get. And other then assumptions we don't know the actual status of the old Rizzuto group. Oldtimers have been killed on both sides and younger members simply step in to fill the void. Also, so much has changed over the years with new alliances, double, triple or even quadruple crossings, that the once thought alliance between the Musitanos and Rizzutos may very well be outdated let alone a remaining business relationship.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."