Originally Posted by NickleCity
Originally Posted by NickyfromTampa

What exactly contradicts from the two statements?

Cohen at Buffalo Field office in March 2017:

“Some of the individuals who were leaders of the Mafia are still around,” FBI Special Agent Adam Cohen told the Buffalo News last year.

“But their organized crime activities don’t exist anymore. Some of them have legitimate businesses.”

US Attorney Eastern District in November 2017:

In a coordinated operation, Canadian law enforcement authorities today arrested nine organized crime members and associates in Canada, including members of the Todaro organized crime family, who are charged with, among other crimes, narcotics trafficking.

I would say that is a significant contradiction being both statements were made in the same year.

The important thing here is that the members of the Todaro crime family were arrested exclusively in Canada. Whereas Buffalo FBI Special Agent Adam Cohen was almost definitely talking about the city of Buffalo and surrounding areas. Unless whatever's going on in Canada is affecting organized crime in Buffalo, then the Buffalo Field Office shouldn't really be expected to know what's going on north of the border.
So it's not really a contradiction when you look at the context of the article, which is about the Mafia in WESTERN NEW YORK as opposed to the Todaro crime family's operations in other countries.

Originally Posted by BensonHURST
This is from the article that YOU POSTED:

The 1960s may have been the peak of the Mafia influence in the Buffalo region. As many as 200 “made men” – officially sanctioned mob members – ran criminal operations in Buffalo and Niagara Falls during that decade, all answering to Magaddino, Coppola said.

Again, I took the article that you posted and said if they had 100 at one time (I gave it haircut of 1/2 however, you still say that I am exaggerating)
And they now have 30

They would be considered dead compared to their peak

I was making a point

You understand

See what I did not say is they have 30

Fair enough. I thought you were inferencing that the Buffalo Mafia went from 100 made men to 30. That's my bad.

I.E. in Bensonhurst today mafia activity is dead today compared to what it was
Dead meaning there used a social club every few blocks on major avenues

Now they are underground very few and far in between

I am not comparing Buffalo to Bensonhurst

I do not know how to break this down to you
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice how nobody is saying the Mafia in Bensonhurst is positively "dead?"

I am not the one who accused you of flaming

I was trying to help you out
I thought maybe you did not realize what you are doing

Maybe you are a young kid and as S.C. was saying you just dont know how to interact with adults

I was trying to point out what you were doing that caught the eye of the admin of this board.

Not sure what you mean by "trying to help you out." And I'm not sure how your comment that I'm "maybe a young kid" is anything more than pointless, aggravating flaming.
What's the point of that last section of your post? Saying I'm maybe a little kid who doesn't know how to interact with adults. What a ridiculous, "flaming," passive-aggressive thing to say. Let's see if SC addresses this.