Originally Posted by BensonHURST
Nicky,

All I stated from day one was my opinion.

I am not exactly sure how I can be wrong since its all mine.

Because your opinion is based on facts which are plain wrong. For instance, you noted how if the Buffalo Mafia took a HUGE hit going down from say 100 active guys to 30
They still can be viable at 30.
Despite the fact that they had only 45 members in 1990 - and that was before the "big hit" - i.e. RICO, federal investigations, union oversight.

You see, that 45 members thing is not "opinion" - it is documented fact published in the Buffalo News in 1990.

I am not sure how or why you think your opinion is the only right one.

Well, for one, my opinion is based on fact - dare I say it, yours is not.

I come here for my own reasons to me it is interesting to interact with other people from other parts of the country that grew up all around this like I did.

I enjoy hearing the stories.

It is also interesting how many guys in here are able to do such thorough research and find out all these facts WIRE TAPS, COPIES OF INDICTMENTS, FOIA
really interesting.

I have no desire to argue with you it's really stupid

I have to tell you it's like you try to bully people who have a different opinion and make them feel stupid.

If you remember correctly, you were the one who started being rude to me in the Bufalino thread - "little girl" insults and similar instances of you simply brushing off any actual facts.

Maybe you don't realize it???

I think it really turns people off and thats why they complain.

I think your perspective is very valid based on facts and I think looking at different sides makes the thread interesting.

You get to look at both sides and see which one makes sense to you.

I tried going back and forth with you with respect but you just want to make it a mud slinging contest.

No, you didn't.

I even point blank asked you to be a gentleman about disagreeing.

I am done going back and forth with you about this.

You can disagree like gentleman and still discuss conflicting opinions. But in your case, my complaint with you is that you tend to state your theories about how the Buffalo Mafia could still be active, and these theories are often based on inaccuracies (i.e. the 100 members thing) or have enormous holes in them. And when somebody calls you out on your theories, you get upset because "It's just my opinion/theory, don't belittle me."
So what am I supposed to do? You're completely OK to have an opinion, but if your opinion is based on inaccuracies or enormous holes, you can't expect people not to correct you or call you out. Because otherwise people that don't know much about the Buffalo Mafia could look at that opinion/theory of yours and say "Wow, yeah, that's plausible, I'm sure that's the case" even though the theory itself isn't valid for various reasons.

When you enter a debate with a "theory" or "opinion" of what's really the case, you need to be open to the fact that people will disagree with your opinion. And in some cases you can defend your stance, but in other cases you just have to say "Ok, you're right, my theory can't be valid because of ____." If you think you're being bullied because somebody says your theory is wrong, then that's more of a reflection of you than it is of anyone else.