Originally Posted by NickleCity
Originally Posted by Ciment
https://torontosun.com/news/crime/crime-hunter-dont-give-mafia-last-rites-just-yet

CRIME HUNTER: Don't give Mafia last rites just yet

Police have repeatedly alluded to a power struggle among the established Calabrese clans in the GTA and newer ‘Ndràngheta upstarts.

“Many ‘Ndrangheta cells in GTA and Italy are involved in a violent fight,” Dubro said.

“This is a big story of a major and very deadly Calabrian mob fight for coke territory and power in GTA/southern Ontario.”

Dubro adds that it’s all connected. He suggested an Iavarone relative may have pulled the trigger on Ang Musitano and it’s payback on drugs and a personal beef.

“There’s lots of moving parts in this mob war — a complex cast of characters from the GTA, Italy, USA, Mexico and Canada.”

The piece says: "We were a little too quick on the trigger to give traditional organized crime its last rites." "Are we returning to the bad, bloody days of the Mafia"--with a picture of mob hit in upstate NY from 1970. ...“There’s lots of moving parts in this mob war — a complex cast of characters from the GTA, Italy, USA, Mexico and Canada.”...Dead? ...Not by a long shot."

Is the author of this article suggesting the Mob may be behind the Farm Massacre in 2016?

Are we being told the Mob across all its organizations and regions of operations is much more powerful than LE and J had given credit? Or just a little hyperbole to sell copy?

What do you all think? ... Have we not given enough attention to OC? Has it come back with a vengeance not just in Canada, but the US and Southern Italy and Sicily? Anyone hearing rumblings? Anyone else?

I believe the massacre to be a separate article.

It is very hard to get in the mind of the person that wrote the article because frequently journalists are not specific enough.
I think he got a little overzealous because of the warring going on in Canada. Back in the 70's there wasn't a heavy presence of the Ndrangheta that it now commands. By this mere fact it is changing the dynamics among OC groups and interrelations between countries such as Italy, Canada and the USA. I do not think the warring will spill over to the US. The Ndrangheta prefer working with existing OC rather than warring with them. A good example is the Gambino family and other NY families already doing business with the Ndrangheta.

The problem you have in Ontario is two fold. Firstly, the war between the Sicilians and Calabrians in Montreal has spilled over to Ontario. Please note that there are some Calabrians also fighting along side with the Sicilians as well. I chose to use Sicilians vs Calabrians to ease my depiction of the situation but there are other Italians who are neither and non Italians that are also part of the feud.

and Secondly, according to the news media, there is warring between some of the Ndrangheta clans in Ontario.

Many journalist give us little hints here and there but for the most part we have to figure things out on our own; it is for this reason that I do not profess to know it all and what I have just explained is my opinion and there may be others that may see things differently. I am open minded to learning new theories or opinions.