Originally Posted by BensonHURST
Nicky,

Never once said the old timers in Buffalo are in power.

I said the opposite.

But there's no indication that the family had anyone other than "old timers" in 2006. And, as I mentioned before (you must not have read my post), it's childish to believe that the family decided to, all of a sudden, induct a whole lot of new, young members after 2006.

You are again reading it post.

Huh?

I am saying I do not believe the family is defunct.

Believe me, I know you don't believe the family is defunct.

I said probably does not exist in its traditional sense however, most likely similar to families in C.A.
And I also said I thought the power base was probbal6 in C.A.

Well then you obviously don't believe Peter Edwards article, do you? You know, the article you keep referring to as proof that the family is active?
Because that article explictly states that the mysterious, vague "Buffalo mob" is powerful enough to control things in Canada.
“Buffalo factions of Traditional Organized Crime are not ‘in’ Canada per se, but historically have controlled aspects of Canadian ‘family business’ and do get kickbacks from profits from illicit activity,” Manning said.
Buffalo would have to give approval for high-level killings, sources said, adding that mob leaders there are believed to have turned their backs on one side in the dispute and given tacit approval to the other.

“They’re all supposed to be under Buffalo,” one source said of the two feuding Ontario crime factions.

So, Bensonhurst, if you don't believe Peter Edwards article that the Buffalo mob - as in, the mob that is "not 'in' Canada per se, but historically have controlled aspects of Canadian ‘family business’ and do get kickbacks from profits from illicit activity" - is controlling things in Canada, then it appears as if the one shred of vague media info that backed up the assertion that the Buffalo mob is still alive is no longer on your side.

I said all this 6-7 months ago

Now a lot of people are saying something similar.

That's the crazy theories you are referring to.

Here was one of your theories:

My theory is that Buffalo was probably ready to flat line like some other families.
And the L.E. wrote them off

Not realizing that :

1) They were much much bigger and stronger in their day then say a C.A. family.
2) Under estimating the potential in the Canada crew. To possibly step up and lead.

Even with them taking a HUGE hit going down from say 100 active guys to 30
They still can be viable at 30.

With the smaller families at their height they were at 40-50 so now they only have 0-5 members left so other families came in and they became like a crew of a bigger family.

I also think it possible they were lacking leadership after Todaro retired.

I also think that maybe the leadership emerged from the Canada crew.

Maybe they revived the family however, the power has shifted to Canada

Maybe until Canada stepped up the remnants were working with other families
however, that has now changed.

So that is my theory
It is speculation

However, it would make both Nicky and Rooster, Giacomo and Nickel Correct.

1) Nicky was right that there has not been anything verified in the news you cannot deny that,
2) Nicky was right that L.E. and other sources declared them dead.

3) Rooster, Giacomo and Nickel that are from the area are telling the truth about what they are seeing and hearing basically LCN guys doing LCN things regularly

4) The new indictment and arrests point to possibly a re-emergence of the family.

Again, not what they were at their height in membership and power also not completely dead, appears they are active and rebuilding at the moment.

What do you say guys
???????

Now, you might've felt real proud saying that theory because The_Rooster commended that for being an incredibly well thought-out theory, despite the fact that Rooster knew damn well that the Buffalo mob has not had 100 members in a long ass time. I told you that and, surprise surprise, you ignored it.

Nicky wake up your battling the whole board right now

Yeah, no I'm not. Since day one, you've been going on about how you've been trying to be neutral about this whole Buffalo debate, how you're trying to resolve both sides, but it's evident from the rudeness back in the Bufalino thread that you've wanted desperately to believe the Buffalo mob is active since day one, even before this Peter Edwards article came out.