Hey guys, Plaw's (now 29 year old) son here. I just wanted to say how much I appreciate this thread and, more generally, this whole forum. It's been almost 12 years since he died -- roughly half of my memorable life -- and I've found his post history here to be an invaluable resource to connect with the past. Every once in a while I like to spend a couple hours sifting through old threads to read his posts on politics, movies, life, etc. I can always count on reading a several posts that bring a smile to my face. And 12-16 years later, I can't help but reflect on how much his way of viewing the world rubbed off on me.

I unfortunately didn't inherit his love for sports, aside from the occasional NJ Nets nostalgia... so I have no idea what he's talking about in 90% of his posts. I knew he was into fantasy sports when I was younger, but geez. Looking through his post history and seeing all those replies was really something else tongue

But 12 years is a long time. Occasionally I have dreams where it turns out he faked his death due to mob-related reasons, and is still walking around out there. And I can't help but think that, while it's highly unlikely, I'd be okay with that in a certain sense. It sounds like a movie we would have watched together back in 2005. I often wish that, in lieu of something more emotionally fulfilling, I at least had the opportunity to grab lunch with him in 2018 so I could pick his brain for opinions on Uber/Lyft, the financial crisis, the Trump administration, and movies from the last decade.

Anyhow, I'm on the hunt for good anecdotes/stories about my father that he may not have been wary about posting on the internet, or telling me when I was 14. So if you know any good (or bad) ones, then drop me a line! And even if you don't, I'm happy to chat about whatever.

spike716@gmail.com (Email is best. If you DM me, there's a good chance I won't respond until 2021).

If you're too lazy to get in touch but want to know how I turned out, here's the TL;DR: I'm a fully functioning adult, graduated college, moved to Chicago for a few years to be a financial analyst, and then moved back to NY to be a software engineer. Now I live in Brooklyn, maybe a 10 minute walk from his childhood home in Crown Heights. And, of course, I love having a good argument.