Bensonhurst, if you believe that Canadian law enforcement is more "in the know" than American law enforcement about issues on the AMERICAN side of the border, that's plain illogical. Canadian law enforcement is years behind on Mafia issues in Canada itself, so it makes no sense that they'd know more about the Buffalo Mafia than the Canadian mob.

I don't claim to have inside knowledge, and so law enforcement and the press are naturally the best sources of information. But just because one CANADIAN reporter makes VAGUE and UNSPECIFIC statements about a mob presence in Buffalo - without specifically naming the Todaro crime family - that doesn't mean we should throw away what New York State-based law enforcement and New York State-based reporters have been saying for years.

I'm not sticking my fingers in my eyes and ignoring what this reporter has to say. But if you actually read the article, it becomes pretty obvious that the Canadian L.E. knows very little about the situation other than a broad, vague, and unspecific view of who the "players" are. No names of any Buffalo-based players. No specific naming of the Buffalo crime family or the Todaro crime family or anything. Just broad statements that the victim had connections to mobsters in New York State and Buffalo.
Compare this to the Buffalo-based organized crime squad, whose full-time job it was to rid the Mafia of influence in Buffalo. They led numerous successful prosecutions that dismantled the Buffalo mob's grip on unions, gambling, drugs, and loansharking, and were able to look at the major players still remaining in Buffalo (the overwhelming majority of them being elderly or imprisoned) and say "There's no way the Buffalo mob is recovering from this." And, as of 2017, these organized crime agents still stand by that.

Do you see what I'm saying Bensonhurst? Since Day One you've desperately wanted to believe that the Buffalo Mafia is still active, and you've made all sorts of bizarre theories and opinions. But if you look at both sides, you can see that this recent article - whilst it's interesting and definitely a talking point - does not conclusively prove anything.

If the investigative law enforcement elements in Buffalo step forward and say "Yes the Buffalo LCN is still active" or even if somebody like Dan Herbeck comes forward and says "Sources say the Mafia in Buffalo is still active and is recovering in strength" then I'd be far more inclined to believe the argument.

Also Bensonhurst, it's interesting how you completely ignored what I said about how illogical it is that the Buffalo mob were able to go from being mostly geriatrics in 2006 (with no more union grip, and diminished other rackets) to being strong enough to exert influence over the powerful, wealthy, young, and violent Canadian warring organized crime groups.