Originally Posted by hoodlum
I don't care what anyone says, after reading the credible book "Deal w/ the Devil",Lin Devecchio is worse than Scarpa..a real scumbag..especially after reading about that poor detective Simone that they framed.

This is probably the first time we have diametrically opposed opinions H, in my eyes Lance is a propagandist for hire. He did the same kind of work for the Gottis..

And while I absolutely do believe DeVecchio 'crossed the line' more than once in his relationship (he even calls it a friendship) with Scarpa. I do not believe he gave Scarpa info on who, when and where he could kill his enemies in the Colombo war and even before that time with victims like Mari Bari and Joe Brewster..

Btw, in response to other posts: DeVecchio's book was even called WE'RE GOING TO WIN THIS THING.

EDIT:
If I'm completely honest, I have to admit that I'm probably a little biased because I just read DeVecchio's book and I haven't read Lance his book. I only read his book with Junior Gotti and some stuff on his website that I didn't find objective. But Nicky from Tampa also spoke highly of Lance's book about Scarpa, so I'm going to read it because now I'm very curious if it will change my opinion..

Last edited by BillyBrizzi; 09/15/18 10:44 PM.

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT