Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Yes I respect him. He did an excellent job first and foremost. It took balls the size of grapefruits to go that deep undercover in that world. And he didn't just convince in any one aspect of it. He convinced these guys he was the real deal in almost every conceivable regard. I've watched a lot of mob documentaries, and there is one or two in particular, where agents who went undercover are interviewed - and even to me as a television viewer I cringe at how unconvincing and transparent they are in portraying wiseguys. Maybe some people have the impression this stuff is easier than it looks. I mean it's not like he was going undercover as a social justice warrior or something. That's easy. Try going undercover as a soccer hooligan or a gay person in order to solve a crime in those circles. It would be like trying to learn Dutch in two weeks.

So what if he exaggerates? He's an old man now and it's probably the most action, and most excitement, he got in his professional life, the highlight of his career. He did a good job, let him enjoy his moment in the sun.

Co-signed 100%

We also have to remember that Pistone went undercover for 5 years, during a time when the Mob was totally different than it is today. The late 70's and early 80's were probably the most violent time period in the history of crime in NYC. The man dealt as an undercover agent with a total psycho killer like Tony Mirra on a daily fuckin' basis for chrissake!! That took balls, PERIOD..

And yes, Pistone loves the image he portrays in all those documentaries and interviews, with the sunglasses and shit, but like Moe said: ''So fucking what??''
Franzese even said in that interview he did with that guy from Valuetainement, that when they did interviews or lectures together, most people thought Pistone was the former wiseguy and Franzese the former FBI agent LOL

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT