Originally Posted by jace
Originally Posted by njcapo35
I remember reading Joe DiPalermo asked for Genovese's permission to put a hit on federal narcotics agents, who were framing members of his crew. They must of had warehouses full of money from all the dope they were selling. Addition to the dealing, they also had no problem putting in the dirty work. Laid down a lot guys.

Any idea why and how they were framing guys? I wonder if the agents doing so were ever punished for it. To put a person in prison rightfully is justified, to frame a person just on a suspicion is not moral. I know they may be bad guys, but the law should be enforced justly.

Just because someone said they read it somewhere doesn't mean it's true.

Rest assured that agents go through the correct channels in terms of corroborating evidence and processing information.

For example: They don't read something random and blindly and impulsively believe it to be true.

It's hard to become a federal agent. It's not like robbing a truck or setting up a card game. Not any doofus can do it.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.