Originally Posted by BensonHURST
Serp,

Please tell if it used to be the same down in Philly as it was here in Brooklyn.

When an associate was involved in a murder all the other associates and people in the know would all of a sudden treat that guy like he was a celebrity.

What I mean ito say a guy was involved in a hit, within a short period when the neighborhood found out about it, when he would come out to a night club, he now walked right in front of the line and not have to pay.

If he went to a restaurant he wouldn't wait for a table they would open something up for him right away.

He walked into a deli and not have to pay.

People in the neighborhood would start to worship that guy. There was a buzz "That guy is with such and such crew and he put in work"

I remember when I was a kid and worked in a deli a few blocks away from 13th ave,
and Greg Scarpa walked in and I didn't know who he was at the time. I charged him for his coffee and cigarettes,

lol the owner walked in right when Greg, walked out and almost had a heart attack he asked me what happened? I said what do you mean? He said you dont know who that is? I said no,
he said you will, he called Greg back in and I gave him his money back and apologised to him, the owner shit himself he was so scared he kept apologizing to Greg,

The same goes when a guy got his button he was the talk of the town.

Lol it's hard to explain a guy would get up his button and it felt like everyone would look up to him.

That was part of the draw in the lifestyle people don't understand how and why guys get involved.

Growing up in an Italian neighborhood these guys had it all or it certainly felt that way. The money, power, respect then the women would throw themselves at them, and the movie start treatment.

It's not like that anymore around here especially in Brooklyn, LCN doesn't have the lure it used to have that's for shit sure.

Yes it was same deal .... it was not long before it came out .... people on here or ones that used to be on here would start all kinds of shit with me telling stuff they just could not believe it .

I don’t tell one tenth of what I know especially a with Persico’s I very very rarely do I say anything that’s not known by many (other then stuff we did up at the farm as teenagers and young men) because I still have a relationship with many of them and I can explain in a PM but not here other then I’ve known the family since early 70,s that was done by my blood the reason I know Scarf is because I grew up on Georgia ave a stone throw from them .

Last edited by Serpiente; 09/02/18 05:29 PM.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."