Originally Posted by jace
Originally Posted by Blackmobs
Originally Posted by jace
Montreal and Toronto to a lesser extent seem to have gone form nice cities to live in or visit to hell holes in the past 10 years.

In reality, Montreal is nicer than it was in the 70s, 80, 90s and the begining of the 00s.

Montreal has never been so peaceful.

Montreal was worst before, by canadians standard.

If you say so I believe you. I was there once as a child, but barley remember it. I was going by all the reports of crimes, was it worse in the older days, or is it just so big a city that the crime seems like a lot in proportion to the population?

The population hasn’t change as much.
The street gangs wars of the mid 90s and the begining of the 00s was really something. While the bikers had there war in the 90s, Montreal
Street gangs had their own war. The city of Montreal even stop some festival because gang members start shooting live on the street.

Then I went to live in Toronto for 2 and an half years. Jamaican gangs were really going at it for years. But you started to see Somali gangs going at it also.

For the italian mob, in montreal, most black kids have italian friends, especially if you live in the eastern part of the city. You always ear things about the mob, things they don’t say on TV. But you don’t know if its true or only urban legend.