Originally Posted by Dwalin2011
Originally Posted by Ted

Are you saying the Mafia hasn't murdered people over signs of disrespect? rolleyes

They did, I understand that, it's just that after watching all those episodes from the "Gangland" series, and hearing those street thugs (Bloods, Crips, Nortenos, Latin Kings, skinheads etc) using the word "disrespect" more than any other word (and in most cases really out of place), so when I hear criminals (even serious and big-time ones) talking about disrespect as motive for their actions, I always have an impulse to start laughing.... smile I know the mafia isn't funny, but from a certain point I can't help but associate the word "disrespect" with those low-level thugs from street gangs who jump in front of the cameras with faces covered by colored handkerchiefs, holding rolls of cash and shouting "Yeah, big money, man! No sh@t, don't f@ck with us! BOOM BOOM BOOM! "Sex, money, murder" forever!" and similar things lol After hearing the word "disrespect" being used so many countless times in similar occasions, I can't take the word seriously any more, at least not in a criminal context, although I realize it wouldn't be funny at all, to meet one of those guys in real life...

Those gangland shows are super sensationlist. And there’s probably some selection bias in the supposed gang members they happen to interview. They always irritated me.

Last edited by SoCalGangs; 08/31/18 01:25 PM.