Originally Posted by Hollander
The Moroccans do a good job in making headlines, but they never get the respect of the penose.

The media likes to stir up everything. Even when it comes to the Albanians, there's a lot of sensationalist crap being thrown around. Whenever I read something like "Albanians control 60% of the cocaine market in the UK" I throw up in my mouth a little. Especially since the same newspaper can write an article two weeks before where they claim it's homegrown crime groups from Merseyside who import and distribute most of the cocaine. Popular journalism is a complete joke. To use the UK as an example, Albanians are no doubt involved in the distribution of cocaine in the UK, but the LARGE majority of the importation of the drug is done by local British groups that can be from anywhere in the UK.

Same with the Netherlands. There's still a lot of local Dutch outfits importing and moving that stuff by the truckload.

I guess they always need a certain catchphrase. First it's the Yugo's, then it's the Dutch Travellers, then it's the Yugo's again, then it's the Turks, then it's the Turkish Kurds, then it's the Albanians, then the Antilleans, then the Travellers again, then it's the Moroccans...and now we're back to the Albanians again...
Just wait until a Calabrian owner of some pizzeria in Maastricht gets arrested for cocaine trafficking. There'll be articles and reports on how the Ndrangheta took over the Dutch cocaine market in 3 days time for weeks to come.