I think it's decent and not a bad movie at all. But again, I don't put it in that upper echelon of horror movie grails. Just my opinion and I know a lot of people do. It just doesn't do it for me the way some other horror movies do. Fun fact: apparently HALLOWEEN director John Carpenter talked to BLACK CHRISTMAS director Bob Clark about him (Clark) making a sequel to BLACK CHRISTMAS. It would be about an escaped mental patient who went back to the house from the original BLACK CHRISTMAS and start his killing spree all over again, with the title being HALLOWEEN. Clark passed, as he didn't want to make another horror film, but gave Carpenter his blessing to pursue his project. The rest is history!

ONIBABA

Another visually stunning film from 1960's Japan. I'm truly impressed with some of these black and white movies and how beautiful they still look so many years later and without color. The story takes place during the 1300's while a Civil War is occurring in Japan. Two women (one a mother and the other her daughter-in-law) kill soldiers and sell their armor/weapons in order to survive. When a neighbor of theirs comes back to tell the women their son/husband has died, the daughter-in-law begins a physical relationship with the neighbor. The mother, who is still grieving from her recently deceased son, tries to prevent the relationship. 7/10

NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD (1968)

I've never been much for zombie movies and I haven't seen much of George Romero's work. I was more curious about this since it started the whole zombie obsession we find ourselves in today. Overall, a decently shot film with some mediocre performances. I was a little surprised by how much gore they put on screen for the time period. However, I went in to this film not caring much for zombies, and I left the film feeling the exact same way. 5.5/10