Originally Posted by streetbossliborio
Always wondered this. My thoughts was that testa thought the old guy would be easy to control;

- just done a large bid, so trustworthy
- old guy, less ambitious easy to control
- old guys are usually old school
- knew ny guys

All the above was bs as the guy is like the majority of old mobsters who still want it all for some reason at 70+. Casella was a brokester too which didn’t help testa as he wanted more money then what was being offered clearly.

Sal should’ve found casella in Florida and whacked him. He deserved it as much as the others if not more as he was in an administration position and should’ve been grateful.

Reminds me of the Greg depalma wiretaps when the guy was over 70 - the guy was still chasing money and power like he was 20. Insane reading about how he was at that age. They’re a breed like no other these old mobsters - only the ones that never hit the millionaire status. The more successful ones tend to want to retire yesterday

Casella's case is nothing compared to Sonny Franzese for example: the guy still extorted money at 93 years; by comparison, Casella was a young boy smile Or Nick Rizzuto who was still active at 86 when he was whacked.

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 08/28/18 03:29 PM.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."