Originally Posted by pilliano
Glasgow is a big city up in Scotland and there is a big sectarian divide.There has been many a hard man from there,but narcotics put the little man on the map.Most of the drugs that go up there comes from Liverpool,and has been for a long time.Billy,your spot on about the facial scars that many a Glaswegian carry,and razor marking was a Glasgow trade mark..Down here in Liverpool we don't really mark you up,we just shoot you,lol.

Yeah. The sectarian divide in that city is poisonous, just like Northern Ireland. The hatred some Scottish Protestants have for Irish Catholics really is something else. I've known of Irish people who've went to Canada and had Canadians of Scottish Protestant lineage almost drooling with rage and screaming vitriol at them once they find out they're Irish LOL. The hatred goes both ways, but trust me, it's worse from the Protestants. You wouldn't get Americans of Irish Catholic descent racially abusing Scottish people.

I remember being in Edinburgh and being told by the guy in the hostel I was staying at that I shouldn't be wearing blue because Celtic were playing, and sure enough I get loads of nasty looks walking down the street minding my own business.

I don't give a shit about Celtic or Rangers, Catholic or Protestant, why can't we all get along. Life is too short for this shit,

And, yes, the "Glasgow smile" originated in Glasgow. They cut you from ear to ear.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.