Originally Posted by Nitro
Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
The LA family was disbanded in the 1980s due the fact that there are no italian communities in LA.

i'm sure that's had nothing do with it. I know places were Mafia cell exist with not more than 50 Italians. Well in California live 1,500,000 so more than enough. OC don't need closed neighborhood or areas. So i don't know why LCN not exist anymore. Los Angels always had a different underworld.

Maybe it had do with Sociocultural /Suburban phenomenons.

But another problem what we really know about organzed crime in LA ? In fact not much.

Most of the families not on the East Coast were small time and died out due to multille factors, mostly because of how the Italians weren’t really close knit after a few generations after immigrating. In NYC, you not only have the neighborhoods but people didn’t really inter-marry between other groups as much, so you’re far more likely to have someone who is 50 or 100% Italian even though they’re fourth or fifth generation.

People in the rest of the country, like Los Angeles, Louisiana, or here in Texas tended to inter-marry a lot more. They also moved to different areas and even though they’re Italian, it’s in name only. Most of them are basically completely whitebread WASPs and don’t really have any concept of the old country, other than the Olive Garden and what they see on TV.

Last edited by Stubbs; 08/22/18 04:33 PM.

"It wasn't very good parsley to begin with, and then the cat went and peed on it." -Sicilian proverb