Originally Posted by NickyfromTampa
Regarding the events of Cutolo's murder, pmac's got it pretty much right but I'll just clarify a bit more:
Capo Tommy Gioeli drove underboss Cutolo to associate Dino Saracino's Bensonhurst home for a purported sitdown with acting boss Little Allie Boy. Associate Dino Calabro met with Cutolo in the driveway and shook his hand.
"We shook hands," Calabro testified at Gioeli's trial. "He said, 'Allie's here, right? Where are we going?'" "He went in, and I followed him and pulled out my gun and shot him in the head. He just went 'Whoa,' and fell backward into the closet."
To cover up the crime, Cutolo's watch, beeper and jewelry were mixed into a bucket filled with concrete and dumped off a Brooklyn pier. The body was wrapped in garbage bags, hog-tied and buried in Farmingdale, L.I. by the two Dinos as well as Calabro's brother, Anthony 'Nooch.' Gioeli waited in a Dunkin' Donuts while his henchmen put Cutolo into the ground, Calabro said.

Sounds like he thought it was a setup or knew it was a set up, just got caught slipping. Alotta people don't go with their first instinct and end up in trouble

Last edited by cookcounty; 08/22/18 12:39 AM.