Originally Posted by OakAsFan
It wouldn't be unlike this show to trick the audience into thinking someone is a rat when they're not. Det. Makazian never says there's just one rat. At least I don't recall. Plus, he might not even know. We eventually find out Pussy is one, but we never know for certain that Jimmy is. I've never really thought of it, but this show relies on mystery as much as drama and comedy. They love to get the audience thinking in one direction, only to surprise them with something from the other.

That's true but it would make sense that Makazian did not know that Pussy was a rat because Puss was working directly with the feds while Makazian was a local detective. So it's possible that Jimmy was working with local authorities while Puss was working with the feds. Plus I just don't see Jimmy reacting that way right before he got killed if he wasn't really snitching. He reacted like the other shoe just dropped, a guy who wasn't ratting would be surprised and immediately plead their innocence. Just feel like there are a ton of things that point towards Altieri snitching but not much that suggests he wasn't.