Originally Posted by CartelSpy
Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
Originally Posted by CartelSpy
Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
Ndrangheta aren't superhuman, but they're as shadowy as OC can possibly get.

The Italian authorities haven't put a spotlight on them, when they start moving drugs in masse to the U.S and have the DEA and all of it's glory on them they won't be as shadowy anymore.

They've been under investigation in Europe for quite a while now. Where I live there's quite a bit of activity from the Calabrians. So far they've been able to bust an individual every once in a blue moon, but it just doesn't seem to diminish their activity. They're shrewd, there's no denying this.

I doubt the Euorpean or Italian authorities have the same equipment and technology and intelligence as the DEA. Or they are not a top priority.

I think the DEA definitely has the upper hand over any European institution of that ilk. Still it's rather telling that you can find big time busts breaking up entire criminal organizations - and for all the talk about the fearsome reputation of for instance the Albanians, their groups are busted all the time in the major European cities - that doesn't seem to be the case with many Ndrangheta clans (outside of Italy of course, where they do get hit from time to time).