Originally Posted by jace
Originally Posted by NickyfromTampa
Originally Posted by pmac
i think he was a mechanic. think these dudes have legit jobs. evev his uncle asaro had a fence company before he was like 80yrs old and indicted for the heist

He had a fence company but also served various stretches in prison. He has arrests from 1959, 1960, 1963, 1967, 1970, 1978 and 1998. Career criminal.

You had mentioned he was a plumber, mechanic has been mentioned for his occupation too. Did he do both and own the fence company? If he had all 3 going he was foolish to stay involved. Thanks for his arrest record, can you please tell me if ay of those were felony convictions, if you know?

Jace I have no idea about his being a plumber and mechanic. But what you have to understand is that most wiseguys have some sort of legitimate business they own to give themselves an air of authenticity. You can’t throw your hands up in the air and say “if they’ve got such a great fence company, why are they involved in organised crime?” Because organised.crime comes first. Organised crime pays for the legitimate businesses. Organised crime is their full time job.
During the 1990s, Vincent Asaro ran an enormous car theft ring that netted him millions of dollars. Mechanics would place orders to Vinny for various cars because they needed parts, and Vinny would send out squads to jack the cars. All of this came while he was running his fence company.