Originally Posted by olivant
Originally Posted by The Italian Stallionette
I suppose it’s a matter of taste. There are a lot of things to factor into it. I lived in Michigan for 30 years it’s a great state and will always be home. Yet, I absolutely hated the winters. I’ve been in California now 38 years. Let me say this, except for maybe Hawaii, you cannot beat the weather in California.

TIS

TIS, my older brother and sister both moved to California when I was a kid. However, they both returned after a year or so. I'm not sure why; I think for personal reasons. I have a gradeschool friend who moved out there decades ago and stayed. Like any state, California has good and bad features. Although I've never been there, I cringe at the thought of Las Angeles because it's usually portrayed as a congested, smog deathtrap. That's probably an exaggeration.

Hi Oli,

Well fortunately I don't live in the LA area (tho call me crazy but I find the bigger cities appealing, just too expensive).AND traffic IS a problem, especially to/from LA area. My son-in-law works in the LA area and takes him 3 plus hours to get home. So yes that is an issue. All my years at work, I worked in same city I lived in, and now I'm retired and don't HAVE to travel unless I want to. I don't have smog in my area and to my knowledge it is getting better tho I think parts of LA has the worst. The coastline cities are the best place to live to avoid the smog, but then who can afford them?

Another downside (at least a first for me after living here 38 yrs) is the fires this year have been more than I've ever experienced. Matter of fact I've NEVER until this year had any fire near me. Hopefully it's not gonna be a constant fear.

Oak,

I've been to Florida (Southern) a couple times, but many years ago. A pretty state and scenic. I was always amazed at how their rain storms were so heavy/hard only to dry up quickly.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 08/17/18 06:05 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon