Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto
Originally Posted by JCrusher
Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto
I never understood the hate this guy got. He was real tough guy, did his thing in the street and died like a man.

oh i dunno...maybe because he was a psychopath

If you're gonna be a gangster then you might as well go all the way with it. This guy was a gangster in every sense of the word. That in itself is a rarity, even among gangsters. His legacy is in many ways very admirable. He lived his life fearlessly and did everything most people don't have the balls to do. My guess is he enjoyed every moment.

Yeah I'm sure he enjoyed having the smell of his cellmate's dumps wafting in the air as he tried to quietly bust a nut to a smuggled nudie mag for thirty years.

I seriously doubt he had that problem Moe. This guy had a lot of friends in prison. Even the guards loved him. One thing about this guy is that he never lost his smile or his sense of humor. This may come as a surprise to you Moe, but people who are happy and genuinely love life tend to have many friends. If it hadn't been for Joey Merlino's jealousy, Scarfo would've gone down as one of the more beloved figures in Philly. The guys on the street loved him.