This subject popped up on the Balkan OC thread , but I thought it would be appropriate to start up another thread for it since Hungarians don't fit into the Balkan cultural sphere .

At any rate Hungarian crime clans are alleged to be the most powerful form of domestic organized crime in Slovakia ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slovak_mafia ) and such an allegation doesn't seem completely far fetched to me . Of course I may very well be ignorant of the truth , being American and all , but the elements of proclivity towards organized crime seem to be there with respect to this minority .

For what it's worth my Dutch roommate in college talked a bit about Hungarians , specifically those who live outside the borders of so called historical Hungary , and said that the community as a whole has a pronounced tendency towards clannishness , secrecy , and anti authoritarianism . In short all the makings of a successful recipe for organized crime , though he never spoke about Hungarian OC groups in particular .