Scarfo was making serious money. Not quite NYC boss money but definitely legit money. Leonetti said he collected $3M while he was down at La Tuna and that was a year (1982). So considering his heyday was 81-87 that’s a little under $20M so let’s say conservatively he had $10-15M and adjust that for inflation in today’s money that’s about $25-30M. But who knows... they don’t put out financials as we all know.

What I really would like to know is where Bruno’s cash was holed up. He was sitting at the top for 20 years during the heyday of the mob and was smart - he had investments all over the place. Now he wasn’t grabbing with both fists like Scarfo, but I still bet bet-net even without the street tax that Bruno was bringing anywhere around $2-3M a year easy. I know his daughter Jean and her husband Ralph Puppo had a serious mansion out in a Radnor Township that they lived in during the 70s & 80s and I’ve seen it it’s a seriously huge mansion. Still standing to this day.

To keep things in perspective, Gravano said he thought Gotti was bringing in about $10M a year when he was on the street.