Underrated; Joe Profaci, ( May have been a boss before the Commision was even established, rules with an iron fist for 30 years?
Single handed mediated the feud in Sicily between the Ciuculli and Croceverde Grecos, who were the MOST POWERFUL family in Sicily at the time....
And kinda single handed dealt with the rebellion in his family forcefully ,only lost to Cancer, IMO. And from what I've read on the forums, he left a Billion dollar liquor distribution business? Is that right? Also, and I think it goes overlooked, the alliance between him and Bonnano, and then him and Zerilli, arguably gave him three commission votes, I really think he RAN Brooklyn during his time....)

Overrated: Frank Costello, For two reasons; One, he didn't have his own muscle in the Luciano- Genovese family. Two,I really think Joe Adonis and Tommy Luchesse were every bit as politically connected as him in NYC.

Underrated: Vic Amuso- For no other reason that he's STILL boss and we really don't have a clear picture why. The info on him seems SO contradictory..... The fact the Creas are still answering to him is intriguing in itself. Although I suspect the family was really grateful to him for putting Casso on the shelf, it probably restored a lot of what was lost when they killing guys left and right.

Daniel Leo- He's so low key no one ever thinks to mention him really.

Joe Bonnano- I Think he was really just starting to get cooking in his mid-fifties. He was like, SUPER active.......Everywhere...

Stefano Maggadino- The influence of American LCN on Canada is STILL being felt today. Appalachian is his huge black eye, but he seems to have been a VERY integral part of east coast LCN politics in his time.

Vito Genovese- I know Appalachian was stupid, as well as basically twice in his career forcing guys (by way of excessive violence) to rat on him ( Valachi and Ernest the hawk? ) but the shit he pulled in Europe is just nuts. How do you go seamlessly from the Axis to the Allies? Lol

Sam Giancana- He oversaw the Outfits most profitable period, we kinda give the elder statesmen all the credit, but all of his guys became top leaders too in the Outfit....

Joe Zerilli - Connections to the Bonnano and Luchesse families, as well as maintaining independence from coming under Chicagos wing.....

Raymond Patrairca- strong enough to have NY respect his territory......

Overrated: Phillip Rastelli- I almost practically don't consider him EVER a boss, for all his ineffective authority....

Gaetano Gagliano- I could be totally wrong, but I think Luchesse was always the power there.

Joe Colombo- The family seemed to tread water when he was boss.....

This is a fun topic, lol