Underrated: Raymond Patriarca. Not trying to be biased here but I always think about the layout of New England and how he had two cities under his watch. Plus having to deal with the Genovese family in Western MA and Worcester when Carlo was operating there. Plus the Irish gangs in Boston early on in his reign. Maggadino was another for me too. The territory he covered and his 50 year reign I still feel goes some what under the radar. Esp for his deep rooted connections to Canada and holding a commission seat.

Overrated: Carlos Marcello/Santo Trafficante Jr. For some reason in my mind I could never put these southern bosses in the same category as the bosses back home, midwest, or westcoast. Esp in the areas they were in. I feel like both families were able to prosper because the areas they were in were very vulnerable, so basically by default. New Orleans/Tampa back in the day were ripe for the plucking. The families fizzled after they were gone. Tampa and Florida in general became a hot bed once the NY familes started coming down. Plus alot more people back in the northeast moved down there. And ever since Marcello passed, what was there for any of the other families to gain in New Orleans besides maybe some gambling? Again just my opinion.

" If you're going to be bad, be good at it "

Jerry Tillinghast