I don't know!

I compare Ireland to Wales and Scotland in terms of the ability of their players, even though Ireland generally qualify for more tournaments. But, you see Wales bringing through players like Gareth Bale, Joe Allen and Aaron Ramsey, and even Scotland are bringing through players like Callum McGregor, who got a move to Southampton this summer, Kieran Tierney and Ryan Gauld, who earned a move to Sporting Lisbon.

11 total goals scored by Irish players last season. Roughly the same amount of Scottish players playing in midfield and forward positions yet they all seem to score more on average than their Irish counterparts in recent times.

I was hoping the likes of Jeff Hendrick and Shane Long would push on after a fine Euros in the case of the former, and a strong season under Ronald Koeman in the case of the latter, but it just hasn't happened. Robbie Brady, too, had a fine Euros, but hasn't really pushed on either, although this is partly due to injury problems. This is another thing. Players like Brady, James McCarthy, Stephen Ireland and Darron Gibson have all suffered with injury problems in recent seasons, which hasn't helped.

I think we are going to see less and less Irish players in the Premier League as more money is pumped into the game and foreign managers continue to become the norm rather than the exception. Some of this may be attributed to poor development at local level and also to the reputation Ireland have developed playing attritional football under Giovanni Trapattoni and Martin O'Neill.

I really wish more Irish players would consider playing in other European countries, but I think they are only, by and large, comfortable playing in the UK.

So it looks like Ireland will continue having to source their players from the Championship in the foreseeable future!

It's quite depressing.

I mentioned injuries. Seamus Coleman is probably the one player who is/was capable of moving to a top four team, but he was injured horrifically in a match against Wales and that probably ended any lingering hopes of getting a big move. In any case, I think he's too loyal (like a lot of Irish players) and the stigma of being Irish would probably also hinder a move. I can't understand why Moyesie didn't sign him up for Man United!

I understand if you didn't read any of this! LOL

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.