Originally Posted by Irishman12
Looks like the Oktoberfest beers have been released as that was what I saw a lot of while picking up some beer earlier today. In addition to making my own 6 pack with a variety of beers, I picked up a 6 pack of Hofbrau Oktoberfest to try. I tried the regular Hofbrau last Sunday at a German restaurant and it tasted very similar to Spatan in my opinion. I really love this time of year with all the Oktoberfest beers plus the celebrations. The same German restaurant I went to last Sunday does Wurstfest every August, which is all you can eat sausage and they have 16 different varieties to choose from. It's a great way to try different versions to see which ones you like and which ones you don't and it runs all month long. Then they do Oktoberfest over a weekend in late September/early October.

Best time of the year, love the Fall when all these hearty beers and foods come out.

Wurstfest sounds great. We always do the Oktoberfest specials at our local haunts with several types of Knock, Weiss and other sausages with red cabbage, potatoe pancakes and outstanding choices of mustards.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.