Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto
If you call the police for any fucking reason (civilian or not), you're a fucking rat. You understand? Don't come in here with this rat shit.

So if you came home and found a masked person physically or sexually assaulting your wife/mother/sister/child you would put out a platter of cookies and milk for them and wait for them to finish?

Your statement is so moronic, but, who knows, maybe you're in character?

There are countless stories of legitimate people getting mobbed up friends and neighbors to attack, or worse, kill, other people over beefs i.e. lover's quarrels, domestic disputes etc.

That not a form of snitching?

What about old neighborhood ladies alerting mobsters to the presence of undercover FBI in Italian neighborhoods back in the 70s and 80s.

Is this not a form of snitching or does snitching only count when you are trying to prevent an act of harm against someone else?

There are countless stories of mobsters ratting other mobsters out to superiors in order to undercut them, to steal their rackets, to get them killed, to demote them; means of which include making up stories of insubordination, selling out their drug dealing, or claiming that their holding back in their envelopes to their superiors.

How about that, is that not snitching?

Look at the deceit and betrayal endemic in late 70's and early 80's Philadelphia as wiseguys stepped over each other and continuously backstabbed each other in order to climb to the top and remove their enemies.

This entailed snitching. However, again, people clearly have different ideas when it comes to the definition of snitching.

I don't think mobsters should do it, but, then again, that only works well in theory. They are all thieves and liars by definition, and every time they plead out a case they are breaking the oath of "Omerta" and acknowledging the presence of their "secret organization".

Any right-minded person will alert the authorities if they are aware of a crime. There are ifs, buts, and maybes, but even when it comes to an older child bullying a smaller child, I don't care, I'm stepping in.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.