RON FINO TALKS ABOUT LCN, UNION CORRUPTION, & RUSSIAN OC

The above link to Ron's Interview on 8/7/18 has some interesting information. Most of it Ron has said or written before, but this shows his consistency of thought adding some other tidbits I didn't know or had forgotten. Here are a few things I found interesting:

1. He briefly mentions Buffalo being active stating he goes back to WNY from time to time and some of those involved are friends with him on facebook. (Not that he learns anything from them... the point is he knows they are still active.)
2. He continues to state then cleanup of LIUNA was never complete and that O'Sullivan was a crony of Coia intimating O'Sullivan and LIUNA are still corrupt. You will notice he suggests the corruption "has changed."
3. He talks about the prevalence of healthcare fraud and how easy it would be for the mob and unions to be involved in it.
4. He indicates Buffalo LCN controlled or had great influence on justice department in WNY putting federal prosecutors in place who were sympathetic to their cause well into 80's/90's.
5. He talks about why we can't always believe what we read in the newspapers even though the reporters are often "well meaninged" in their mistakes.

Nicky, I may have taken Fino's quote out of Herbeck's context... But I do not believe I took Fino out of context. This interview strongly suggests his continuity of thought on the topic and makes a case that Herbeck took him out of context. And yes, Fino is in the process of beginning to promote a documentary on his life, but I didn't believe he is sensationalizing or making things up to sell tickets. In this interview he makes a compelling argument why he doesn't sensationalize.

Last edited by NickleCity; 08/10/18 02:59 PM.