Originally Posted by 2a
Originally Posted by Hollander
Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke

I assume the "Bulgarian mafia" has some power in Bulgaria itself, but international activities are very limited. Most Bulgaria-connected criminal cases I come across here in Belgium involve Turks from Bulgaria instead of ethnic Bulgarians and it most concerns illegal contracting and prostitution; more often than not connected to established Turkish criminal organizations.

Romanian, Bulgarian and Hungarian gangs are pretty active in the Netherlands.

I suppose this deserves a thread of its own , but how come one can read next to nothing about Hungarian organized crime in general ? It's as if they are virtual phantoms in spite of all the tales one can hear about them .

Personally, I don't really feel like the "Hungarian mafia" is a really big force on a large scale. There's definitely businessmen in Hungary that do business with international OC groups active in the country and there was a certain amount of killings in the 90's. Nowadays tho, it's more groups from the former Soviet Union and the Balkan that hold some power in Hungary. I'm sure Hungarian OC exists on a certain scale, but I don't think it's a "phenomenon".