Originally Posted by Zavattoni
Originally Posted by Japseye1
Did Sonny meet Vito Genovese, Tommy Lucchese etc that crowd? I have a feeling he met most of the originals.. I may be wrong?? of course he met Profaci but I've never thought of him as in the league of Genovese , Gambino etc

Even though Sonny is a generation under some of the originals; He was still middle aged and nearly at his peak when Tommy Lucchese and Vito Genovese had tight control over their families. He def know's Profaci because he was a captain under him. He prolly had dealings with Corallo; Salerno; and Castellano who are all of his generation even though he was in and out of prison. Anyone know how respected/feared Sonny Franzese was in his heyday among his contemporaries?

He was very respected, but the main reason why was because of his incredibly violent reputation. I've never heard of him being particularly bright or a good leader. The guy had a lot of idiots around and raised two sons that wound up causing him and the entire family a lot of grief. The guy was around everybody. At 42, he was already a capo.