Originally Posted by BensonHURST
I am pretty sure everyone agrees that the evidence points more to.an evolution rather than an extinction of the Buffalo LCN,

Nicky, are you sticking to your position that they belong in the same category of other extinct LCN families that are just be memory?

Organised crime in a specific city doesn’t go extinct. There is still organised crime in New Orleans and Kansas City and the like. And the old career criminal mob guys don’t just get jobs at Cinnabon and retire from crime.

I am sticking to the evidence at hand which says that the Buffalo crime family, the traditional La Cosa Nostra family with capos and induction ceremonies in the city of Buffalo and surrounding areas, is extinct. There is no way to look at the cold hard evidence and say otherwise. In Canada it could very well have changed structure and shape, but even then the traditional Buffalo LCN structure in Canada is extinct.
Again, if you have street sources that you trust who say otherwise, that’s great. But the evidence is pretty loud and clear in saying that, in Buffalo, the Todaro/Magaddino crime family has gone the way of the dodo. Remember, I’ve said in the past that I am OPEN to the Canadian wing of the family having branched off and done it’s own thing following the assassinations of Papalia and his top lieutenant because there was no crippling law enforcement pressure like there was in the states, however it would be foolish to assume they would have co-existed with the other powerful region organisations, including the guys who killed Papalia.