Originally Posted by Irishman12
Originally Posted by OakAsFan
Originally Posted by Irishman12
No I actually do care about democracy.

No you don't. You want to make the right to vote as difficult as possible for people to exercise, meanwhile you want the right to bear arms to be as easy as buying a gun off the shelf. Your prioritization of rights is a clear indicator of where you stand on democracy.

Yes, I actually do (thanks for trying to tell me my business though). And make a right to vote as difficult as possible? Wow, bringing 1 piece of identification is really killing me. I don't know how I lug it around with me every time I get behind the wheel of a car. Incredibly burdensome it is! And I didn't say I wanted to make the right to bear arms as easy as buying a gun off of a shelf. I was using your fallible logic that it is a right. And if you don't want to show your ID to vote, then why should I have to show one to purchase a gun or have a background check conducted? I wasn't advocating it but rather posing the question to you, which you continue to side step as if you're Fred Astaire.

If you'd lost your ID on election day, you'd demand to vote. You wouldn't leave the precinct until they gave you a ballot. Every other American should do the same.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea