Originally Posted by OakAsFan
Originally Posted by Irishman12
The fact that you don't want to talk about 2nd Amendment says everything about you. You seem to want your cake and eat it too. When the Constitution serves you, it's all good; but when it doesn't, you skip over it completely. Sorry but you can't have it both ways snowflake. There's nothing wrong with ensuring Americans, and once again, Americans only vote in our elections. You can continue to spout that a government issued ID isn't required and I'll continue to spout that it is. What are you hiding in having to show it? Sorry if I don't take illegals at their word that their Americans. This is the future of our country that we're talking about and who shapes the policies for the next 4/8 years.

There is something wrong with checking IDs to vote, and the founding fathers were the ones who thought so. Anything that credentials and ID are required for is a privilege by definition. A right is something automatically granted to everyone on the soil. The reason for this is that there would be too many ways to corrupt the ID process. The founding fathers were smart enough to understand this (Clearly not everyone else is...). Whatever the case, they put it in writing. It's the supreme law of the land. If you don't like it, start your own country where you can put a velvet rope with armed thugs in front of each voting precinct.

So again, where do you stand on the 2nd Amendment then? Oh that's right, you'll avoid it. So then why do I need to provide an ID and have a background check conducted on me to purchase a firearm?