[Linked Image]

IT

The second time I've powered through this thing and it's still the longest book I've ever read (although at some point I need to make time to read THE STAND). Having recently rewatched the 2017 version of the film, it got me in the mood again to dive into the book. There's so much history to the Pennywise/It character that I'd love to one day see this turned into a television series. Also, I'm not usually a fan of the story continuously bouncing back and forth between present day and the past, however, it worked for me with this novel. Some juicy nuggets of information are found out about the It character in terms of his history, how long he's been around and such. Definitely one of my favorite Stephen King novels although I must be honest, I haven't read much of his work. Not for lack of interest, but rather time. In addition to THE STAND, I'd also like to read NEEDFUL THINGS, CARRIE, THE SHINING (again) and THE DARK TOWER series. If you're a fan of either of the movies and haven't read this, I would suggest to as it's a rewarding read.