Originally Posted by hoodlum
Peace.....just 1 little story of how partly I became a Sous Chef...I've always loved food....used 2 watch my old man cook from my chair in the kitchen table. as a child. He would just throw shit 2 gether & call them" concoctions"...now ..u gotta remember , I was watching & he knew it...whenever mom would put a plate in front of him..he would go & fuckin' mix it all together..kinda like makin 'a sheppard's pie..& when he was at the stove , ..u could tell he was from the old country...he saved in a Campbells soup can all the bacon drippin's....made stock from all those bluefish & Mackerel scraps & heads he had taught me 2 clean that we caught off Barnegat Inlet & used 4 a mock bisque...I did even like mackerel ...even though that it & blues were an oily fish,...boy we used 2 catch macs by the 5 or 6 on a hook back in the early 70s on a boat that still there called the Caroline Anne......anyways......went 2 school & loved cooking, chefing , butchering, creating blackboard specials & the bullshit that goes along w/ being married 2 ur job ..no weekends off, no holiday's.. all nights...70 hr. wks...everybody pulling u every which way but loose ..nothing 2 do in the middle of the nite 'cept drink & watch t.v. 'cause everybody else in the world is normal & sleeping...2 get a better picture of what I'm talking about , u should indulge ur self in Anthony Bourdain's first work..my all time fav book...."Kitchen Confidential"....in a way , that was me also...I also went through the trials & tribulations of this now poor deceased man,,,U.. Dues ...must read that novel !! ,,,anyways ..I'm rantin on ,,so I'll I think I'll shut up now......Luv u Dues...& keep the fire burnin'...Peace.

Never a rant,,, keep it comin. Great post.

My Da also cooked like that, we always smashed everything together.
Loved those Mackrel Rigs that would haul up 2,3 and even four at a time of those long thin fish on those shine rigs.

Reading Bourdains Books was a pleasure since I related to it all, I was not a Chef but understood what it meant to work and Party hard as a learning curve to get to what I really wanted...... how to work and Party hard.
Im a fuckin Pro.

UDAMAN Hood.

Luvya

B WELL

Attached Files IMG_5270.jpg
Last edited by DuesPaid; 07/19/18 11:15 PM.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.