Originally Posted by NickyfromTampa
Originally Posted by NickleCity
Originally Posted by NickyfromTampa
Looks like the Ciminelli connection to organised crime figures is right there in your post, Nickle.

That is a wild accuasation. There is just circumstantial evidence that we are drawing an inference from. There is no factual evidence in this article that this “upstanding” prominent business was “mobbed up” as you put it. The article only said he is a supporter of the duely elected leadership of 210. How dare we jump to conclusions.

Ciminelli worked with known organized crime figures. So when I said; "And there’s no doubt the Ciminelli family has connections to the mob as do most construction bigwigs from the 1990s" I was right. He has connections to the mob in that he did business in the construction industry with known organized crime figures who committed crimes within the construction industry.
"Mobbed up" was the wrong terminology, but there is absolutely no doubt that he had connections with the mob.

Further, there is no evidence to support the accusation that he is mobbed in the 210 RICO from ‘91 that sues the trustees for improper use of pension funds. Court documents never make an allegation that he is connected to organized crime... They just say there are known members of 210 that are.

As far as we know Ciminelli is just a legitimate trustee caught up in forces beyond his control. In a previous post you even agreed that there is no factual evidence to indicate he wasn’t a legitimate trustee.

Whether willingly or unwillingly, he had connections to organized crime. In the '91 indictment, it says this:
"The plaintiffs allege that organized crime controls the defendant Laborers' International Union of North America Local #210 located in Buffalo, New York ("Local 210"). The plaintiffs further allege that Local 210 and organized crime control the Pension Fund."

So Ciminelli's improper use of pension funds was, based on the indictment, done under the control of the Buffalo Mafia. That makes him more than just a contractor connected to organized crime, it makes him a participant in organized crime.

Ciminelli, a trustee in Local 210's pension fund, was charged in a criminal complaint with improper use of pension funds alongside prominent organized crime figures, most of whom were also trustees. This complaint was directly based around organized crime's "control (of) the Pension Fund."

You see, there seems to be a double standard as to what can be inferred about the Buffalo family.

No there isn't.
Saying that a union trustee, who was charged in a racketeering criminal complaint alongside powerful Buffalo Mafia figures, is connected to organized crime figures is a helluva lot different than trying to directly contradict all available reputable evidence regarding a crime family.

I hear from a funeral director that I trust that Butch BiFulco was at Nicoletti’s funeral and many people US & Canadian are there showing him a great deal of respect as he stands with family at cemetery. This doesn’t prove anything, but in my book lends credibility to the unsubstantiated report he is head of what is left of Buffalo Crime Family.

Here's the thing Nickle. You have no evidence of that whatsoever. You have also never been proven right in any of your unsubstantiated street talk. People have been lying on internet forums about the Mafia since the forums began in the 1990s. Whose to say you're any different. None of us know who you are whatsoever and you have no track record to go on.
So sure, hearing about BiFulco getting respect at a funeral would really help your point. But for all I know, that is complete B.S.

Throw in Otremens operation and the academic article that mentions the “Todaro Crime Family Syndicate” and the fact that there is a 1 prominent FBI informant from the ‘90’s on a mob related Facebook group saying the family is active, not connected to the Bonanno’s (as some are inferring on other forums) and involved with healthcare fraud with other LCN families, then I believe it is reasonable to infer Buffalo is small but organized and active, just as you inferred Ciminelli was mobbed up, even though there is no factual evidence that he was.

There is factual evidence that Ciminelli was under the control of the Buffalo Mafia. That is because there is evidence that Local 210's Pension Fund was under the control of the Mafia, and Ciminelli was a trustee on the pension fund. There is also evidence that Ciminelli was associated with the Buffalo Mafia because he was charged in a racketeering complaint with the Buffalo Mafia, meaning that he was committing crimes in furtherance of an ongoing criminal organization - from the complaint, this ongoing criminal organization was the "Buffalo organized crime syndicate."

That is why the allegation can be made that Ciminelli is mobbed-up. He committed crimes on behalf of the Buffalo Mafia.

Compare this to the allegation that the Buffalo Mafia, in 2018, is still an active crime family. There have been multiple law enforcement statements that the Buffalo Mafia is no longer active. This is coming from the very people dedicated to fighting organized crime. These are not just from one law enforcement agency, either. This claim has been echoed by district attorneys, federal prosecutors, etc. This claim has also been backed up by dedicated organized crime reporters - in particular, Buffalo and Niagara Falls reporters who have regularly reported on the Buffalo Mob for years.
There have been no law enforcement officers or journalists that have said Louis Ciminelli is completely free from organized crime ties. In fact, law enforcement has charged Ciminelli with aiding the racketeering conspiracy (i.e. the Buffalo Mafia).
It shouldn't be hard to see the difference here Nickle.

Now comes the common sense angle. My argument is that Ciminelli was connected to organized crime and "mobbed up." As I said before, mobbed-up may not have been the best term because it's too colloquial and you decided to hang onto it in order to make your point. Also the definition for "mobbed-up" varies. "Connections to organized crime" is a lot easier to explain. Louis Ciminelli did illegal business in furtherance of a Buffalo Mafia-controlled racketeering conspiracy. That makes him a) "connected to organized crime" and b) "mobbed up" by my definition. Even though nobody has specifically come out and said "Louis Ciminelli is an organized crime figure or associate," common sense says that yes, he had extensive connections to the Buffalo Mafia because he did illegal business under the illegally-controlled union with organized crime figures.

Meanwhile, common sense says that the Buffalo Mafia is not active. This is because, in the 21st century, no known active family has been able to avoid indictments. For Buffalo to be active, it would have to break the mold, despite the fact that those with no current connection to the family (funeral directors, Ron Fino, The Rooster, NickleCity) know of it's illegal activities or have observed classic Mafia functions. Secondly, if the Buffalo Mafia was active, than law enforcement, especially the FBI's Organized Crime Branch in Buffalo, would be open, active, and ready to go after it as opposed to denying it for no reason. As well as this, organized crime reporters would want to report on the Buffalo Mafia if it was active since it's their full-time job and their bread and butter. The fact that they are saying the family is not active is indicative that the family is indeed not active.

It comes down to veracity of sources. I trust the people I’ve heard from. So I guess I should have been more precise: It is reasonable for me to believe what’s left of the family is organized and active, given my relationship with the person(s) I've talked to. It may not be reasonable for you are anyone else to believe the family is organized and active if you don’t have trustworthy sources indicating it is. It is reasonable for you to believe “only few remnants remain.” Point is reasonable people can draw different yet reasonable conclusions.

Last edited by NickleCity; 07/19/18 04:55 PM.