Originally Posted by Stubbs
Originally Posted by Strax
Originally Posted by Stubbs
I agree Strax, but I wondering if the whole connection with Sicily is overblown. I mean, it's possible there's an active Gambino-Palermo connection. But my guess is "Operation Old Bridge" ended it (or most of it). The feds are too strong with all of the wiretap and video surveillance these days, and there's too many rats to have a new Pizza Connection or whatever. Just a guess that it's all overblown and that the Gambinos are far more focused locally. I mean, there will still be busts with some associates connected to the Calabrians but I doubt it goes very high up.

Cali has been lowkey, but so was Massino. All it takes is a few people to be scared of the can and flip and then the entire thing comes crashing down.

He is married to Inzerillo. Inzerillo's are back in Sicily since 2008. Cali played a role in that

I know that. I just mean, my feeling is the days of a huge connection between Sicily and New York like the Pizza Connection days are long over. Anything now would have to be much more small time because law enforcement is expecting them to be doing stuff. But who knows, maybe I'm wrong and maybe they're rebuilding in Sicily and Cali has deep connections in Calabria and Canada and is in much deeper than we know.

Bu rebuilding, you mean Sicilian Mafia ? Yes they are gaining some of the power they lost when Riina went to war with the state. Police are focusing on 'Ndrangheta.

"A fish with his mouth closed never get's caught"