I just rented United 93. What an emotional rollercoaster of a movie. It's difficult to make a good movie when everyone knows how it ends, but the director does an admirable job nonetheless. No melodramatics here. For example, the "Let's roll" line was delivered in the matter-of-fact manner in which it was originally stated.

I was somewhat surprised there was no real development of 2-3 characters that were on the plane talking with their loved ones. I thought we might have seen Todd Beamer's wife or one of the other victim's family members. But there were multiple storylines occuring so that added dimension may have not been what the film needed.

The confusion of the day is front and center. And seeing the guys who played the terrorists made me hate jihadists even more than I already did. It makes me sick how 19 men caused such devastation to not only the victims, but their families and friends as well. What makes me hate these terrorists is that they somehow had the idea that they can continue praying and deem themselves as holy men while at the same time carrying out mass murder.

I have watched films I like more than once and I really liked this movie. But I don't think I can bear to watch it again.

4 out of 4 stars