Originally Posted by NickyfromTampa
Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto
Originally Posted by NickyfromTampa
Originally Posted by MeyerLansky
a little of the subject question but why isn't he a made guy ?
why all those years as only associate ?

He is only 41 and the average age a guy gets made in the 21st century in the Bonannos is mid 40s - awhile ago I calculated a average for all Bonanno and Colombo inductions of the 21st century and came up with that approximate number IIRC.
Also, the fact that he was shot may at the very least imply that there are guys who are opposed to his induction.

You are so wrong about the average age. The Bonannos have a lot of young made guys these days. Most got made in their 30s. Ernie A, Frankie Boy, Little Anthony and his brother Vito, Johnny Joe's kid, Little Vinny Basciano, Michael Palmaccio, Natale, Nicky Festa, Tony Fasitta, Steve DeSimone, Vinny Masi, Phil and Anthony Navarra, Damiano Zummo, Sal Puccio, Frank Pastore, Simone Esposito,,, the list is fucking endless.

When I made that average (which is 40 - not mid-40s), I went on known years that people were made.

There is no information on when Vinny Masi, Palmaccio, Natale, Zummo, or Esposito were made. How can I calculate an average from people in which I don't know when they were made?

What I do know is that the age 40 was the complete average of the ages of known inductees in the 21st century. Naming a handful of guys inducted in their 30s doesn't change what an average is. Louis Civello Sr. was inducted aged 49. John Contello aged 46. Anthony Mannone was 57. John Ragano was 51. Joseph Loiacono was 55.

40 sounds closer to the truth, but you said mid 40s originally. I named 18 guys. That's not a handful and most of those guys were made when they were in their 30s. That's not to say I know exactly when each guy was made, but I am aware of the time when they were first brought to our attention as members and other information we have since learned about them. We know Zummo for example was conducting his own ceremonies in 2015. At that time he was 42. It's not that hard to put two and two together. It is however harder to find guys who were in their mid 40s or older when they got inducted. One guy I am forgetting is Anthony Calabrese, a powerhouse in Brooklyn and SI. At 41, he was already acting for Louie HaHa (when Vinny TV stepped up).