Originally Posted by spartan
The Hells Angels in Quebec, ESPECIALLY the Shebrooke guys are basically "French Mafia" more than they are "bikers". I would go as far as saying the Sherbrooke chapter of the Hells Angels is the most "serious" Hells Angels chapter in the world. They have always been basically totally independent.... even the Nomads never ordered them around.

During the biker war they even seized a map of montreal that explicitly delineated territories of the HA and which chapter owned which part, and Sherbrooke had a huge chunk which I believe included downtown Montreal,even though they were hours away from MTL.

Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
Wonder how the bikers in Quebec (and other parts of Canada) became as powerful as they are. They're basically sophisticated a-list gangsters over there. I don't think bikers got as much pull anywhere else in the world as they got over there.

Fairly simple, utterly lax law enforcement compared with the US, I mean they've failed to try a lot of bikers here and had to realease them with time served because the system could not operate well enough to carry on justice. They didn't dole out 100 year sentences like they did in the Comission case in the states, The only guy they really threw the book at was Mom Boucher and while he was really powerful and high profile, he didn't hold all the power in the biker world.