I've been lazy recently posting my reviews and for that, I apologize. Here's some recent ones I've seen:

UNCLE DREW

I only recently saw the commercial this was based upon and while you have a host of amateur actors (Reggie Miller, Nate Robinson, etc.), the film was decent and the story wasn't bad, but it was incredibly predictable and formulatic. In addition, I felt the film started out with some steam but the jokes ran dry after the first 20 minutes or so. Chris Webber seemed to be doing his best Arsenio Hall/Reverend Brown impression throughout and I was tired of Kyrie Irving referring to everyone as "young blood." 4.5/10

THE FIRST PURGE

With the exception of the first installment of this series, I have never been a fan of this franchise. I thought the premise was interesting but it's never truly translated to film as well as I had hoped. This is just another example of it. The story tells of the very first purge which takes place as an experiment on Staten Island. Residents are encouraged to stay and participate and those who do are compensated (the more you purge, the more you'll make). My biggest problem with the film was the social/political commentary of the film. White mercenaries/police officers going into predominately minority neighborhoods to "cleanse themselves." Another race-baiting movie that I think is inappropriate for it's time, given the current high tensions between minorities and the police. 4/10

ANT-MAN AND THE WASP

I recently rewatched the original before seeing the sequel, and after viewing both, I've undervalued this franchise. The sequel turned me into more of an Ant-Man fan and Evangeline Lilly killed it as Hope Van Dyne/Wasp. As with any sequel, the characters are already established so we can jump right in with more action and more comedy. The supporting cast is back (namely Michael Pena, TI and David Dastmalchian) to provide their antics and levity. The anti-aging CGI used for both Michael Douglas and Michelle Pfeiffer, during a scene earlier in the film set in the 1980's, is incredible. Between the 2, I enjoy the first one slightly more, but this was still a great followup and I'm looking forward to the third. 7/10