Originally Posted by MeyerLansky
Originally Posted by DonKostic
In real life, Richie Aprile would have been whacked much earlier than he was. A boss of a family is not gonna tolerate disobedience, not even from a capo. The moment Tony says "don't touch Beansie", that puts Beansie under Tony's protection. The BOSS's protection. And Richie had the balls to attack him again? He had the balls to disrespect Tony's poker game?

I felt that was so unrealistic with Richie. He disobeyed and disrespected Tony at every turn. No realistic mob boss would ever stand for it.

I agree with you, that's true !

I agree as well. It was all very unrealistic. At the very least, that little stunt by Richie with Beansie would've cost him a fortune !!! In the real world of that life, Tony could and would have demanded that Richie now kick up to him the amount of money he was losing by Beansie being out of commission in addition to any and all of Beansie's medical expenses. He would've been well within his right to make him pay up and then kill him afterward, just for defying him so blatantly. Beansie was under Tony's protection. It wasn't a matter of " taking the side of a civilian " as Richie told Tony.

"A mook---what's a mook ?" Johnny Boy Civello